2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB vs MAZDA CX-9 Seating
Did you know the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB and the Mazda CX-9 can both seat up to seven passengers? Double take all you want—you read that correctly. These large-and-in-charge vessels can seat your crew with ease and offer them plenty of wiggle room.
However, when you take a closer look at their cockpits, the 2022 GLB delivers a first-class experience. You and your copilot can enjoy MB-Tex upholstery, which delivers a supple leather-like feel. Plus, the front seats feature 12-way power adjustment, 4-way power lumbar support, and an adjustable cushion for optimal thigh support.
On the other hand, the Mazda CX-9 offers 8-way power-adjustable seats with lumbar support, so you’ll also be able to find your sweet spot in this SUV. However, it makes cloth-trimmed seats standard. So, if you’re after a premium experience, the 2022 GLB is the right choice for you.
2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB vs MAZDA CX-9 Technology
Sitting at the helm of the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB or the Mazda CX-9, you’ll notice a cockpit designed around you. Both SUVs feature impressive infotainment systems with large center displays. They can be operated in similar ways, such as:
- Steering-wheel touch control buttons
- Touchpad Controller
- Voice Control with Natural Language Understanding
When you need your 2022 GLB to perform an action, all you have to do is utter the magic words: “Hey, Mercedes.” With this keyword activation, you can ask your Mercedes-Benz for directions to the nearest coffeehouse or to turn up the heat. While the Mazda features voice control, it isn’t as advanced of a system.
2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB vs MAZDA CX-9 Safety
Your safety is a top priority in the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB and the Mazda CX-9. In fact, both SUVs equip standard driver assistance aids, like Active Brake Assist and Blind Spot Assist, to keep you towards your destination and out of harm’s way.
However, when exploring the safety suite of the 2022 GLB, you’ll notice a few unique features:
- ATTENTION ASSIST®: Need to take a break? Allow this intelligent feature to answer this for you. It monitors your driving behaviors for distractedness and drowsiness. It will visually and audibly alert you if reduced driving input is noticed.
- Crosswind Assist: Stay stable on the highway during strong wind gusts or when large trucks pass you with this feature. It’ll help keep your Mercedes-Benz on course.
- Available PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist: This feature searches for parallel or perpendicular parking spaces, and once spotted, it can help you maneuver into it.
- Available PRESAFE® Sound: When an imminent collision is detected, this system emits “pink noise” to help trigger a natural reflex in the human ear canal to avoid hearing damage.
While the Mazda CX-9 offers an available Driver Attention Alert feature, it goes without other comparable features to the 2022 GLB.